Introduction

Hello my name is Jeff Moore, property manager for Humboldt County Aviation.  I
deal with leasing and licensing of terminal, land and hangar space at the six
airports we have in Humboldt for over a year now.  I have an aviation background
and a real-estate background.  I started flying when I was 16 but it took me
till I was 20 to solo, got married and had kids, no license for me.  I attended
Spartan Aeronautics in Tulsa Oklahoma and got my A/P where I went on to work in
general aviation for 2 years at a small FBO in Temecula California.  The Airport
is no longer there and was relocated and now called French Valley Airport.  I
went on to be a mechanic for McDonnell Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach
California.  I  became a supervisor, at age 24, over fuel tank installation
mechanics.  I was then promoted to an instructor teaching and certifying
mechanics for specific job functions.  I was laid off in the late 80's and went
up to Alaska.  In Alaska I became a relator and obtained a Brokers License.  I
became hooked on fishing and hunting  and started a Charter Service running
people up the Nushagak and Mulchatna Rivers in a jet boat.  My partner and I
went on to start a barge line and I obtained a 50 ton Captains License. We
thought everything was great until my partner feel through the ice and drowned.
I had to liquidate out and got divorced at the same time.  Went to my 20th high
school reunion met up with my high school girl friend and got married.  Didn't
want to live in concrete world and moved to Humboldt County.  Currently I am
trying to become the airport manager at Crescent City with not much luck but
still trying.  I would like to become AAAE certified and move up to a category 3
airport.  This is the basic me and hope to here from some of you in the future.
Thanks, Jeff