Re: CAA: Airport Marketing & Public Relations, "Long time,nohear"

Hey Patti,

Nice to hear from you. Tulsa is 3.7 M and have 2 full-time...me and a very
efficient office administrative assistant.  My salary is $56,000 and hers is
$32,000.  I utiilize interns like they are going out of style. I have all air
service, concession team management, tours, aviation education, 110 airport
ambassadors, PR, media, civic and business relations, serve as the Exec Dir of
the Aerospace Alliance of Tulsa (300 registered member companies and an exec
committee of 30 industry CEO and VP types), PIO, business development including
tenant relations at TUL and RVS (our reliever-busiest airport in the state) and
industrial land development at the airport.  I serve on the MarComm Steering
group for ACI and in my spare time, I try to exercise and raise my
girls...alone...am feeling a bit underpaid and overworked and underappreciated
these days.....but then so are a lot of others.....it is GOOD to have a job,.
Mary

Mary Smith
Tulsa Airport Authority
Airports Marketing/PR Director
P.O.  Box 581838
Tulsa, Oklahoma   74158
918-838-5008 (office)
918-838-5199 (fax)
marysmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Patti.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/24/03 12:33PM >>>
To the list:
Actually, I am looking for some information from my peers.  I have
elected officials who, while congratulating me on a job well done, do
not have an appreciation for what it takes to market and communicate on
behalf of an airport.  (IE. we only need one PR person for the whole
City, right?)

Would you all be so kind as to send me your job descriptions or quick
note on what you do, with what resources and with how many (if any)
staff assistance?  Pay scale would be great, too, but only if you are
comfortable with sharing that info.

Fresno Yosemite's O&D is 1.2M, owned by the City of Fresno, with two
people (until 90 days ago, it was one!) to produce all ASD, PR,
marketing, volunteer/tour programs and speeches.  Pay scale is $25-50K
annually.

Thanks to all.

Patti Miller
Public Relations & Marketing Manager
City of Fresno
Email: Patti.Miller@xxxxxxxxxx
(559) 621-7792 voice
(559) 621-7776 fax

>>> stepheni@xxxxxxxxx 01/24/03 03:15AM >>>
Dear Airport Marketing & PR List,

This list has gone awfully quiet. Surely members must still have
marketing &
pr issues to share and discuss. Don't be shy, ask a question, express
an
opinion, share an idea. List members represent a valuable M&PR 'brain
trust'.

Let the discussions begin. You might want to begin by reintroducing
yourselves to one another. We have a lot of talent here.

Warm regards,

Steve

To originate a message to the CAA: Airport Marketing & Public Relations
list, address your e-mail to mpr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fill in the
'Subject' line and your message.

To respond to someone elses message to this list, simply click on the
'Reply' button on your e-mail program, leaving the 'Subject' line alone.
AOL users, don't forget to highlight the previous message text.

To be added or removed from this private list, please contact
stepheni@xxxxxxxxx

[...]

Current CAA news channel: