RE: CAA: Airport Marketing & Public Relations, Airport Marketing & Public Relations, "Crisis Communications"

Steve,

I have found that my most valuable tool for learning the dos and don'ts of
airport crisis communications was the information I received at the
California State Training Institute in San Luis Obispo.  This OES-sponsored
course work, under the direction of Frank Cowan, is needed by any person
speaking to the media.  Additionally, I have assisted as an instructor with
CSTI for the "Airport PIO Operations" course, which is conducted at airports
by request.

If you are lost out there when a camera is thrust in your face or confronted
by a reporter, contact CSTI through e-mail to Frank at:
frank_cowan@xxxxxxxxxx

Janis Brand
Lake Tahoe Airport

Current CAA news channel: