Airport Marketing & Public Relation, "Telephone book advertising"

GSP has a half page ad that dipicts a general map of the airport.  It includes parking garages and lots.  It also show the exits off the interstate.  We don't get much response from this ad.  We are considering stopping this particular ad.  All the airlines have a listing in the yellow pages as well.
-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Corfman [mailto:stepheni@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 11:02 PM
To: stepheni@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: CAA: Airport Marketing & Public Relation, "Telephone book advertising"

Hello everyone!
Tis the season for phone book advertising renewal.  The yellow pages around here, as everywhere I'm sure, are outrageously expensive.  I am wondering how valuable the group thinks these ads are.  We spend thousands of dollars each year to advertise in Ameritech, TDI and local books...the content is mainly our airlines and their 1-800 numbers, as well as our web site information.
Any insights as the the value of this sort of advertising would be greatly appreciated!
Happy holidays!
Pat Corfman
Bishop International Airport
Flint, MI