"Telephone book advertising"

Hello everyone!
Tis the season for phone book advertising renewal.  The yellow pages around here, as everywhere I'm sure, are outrageously expensive.  I am wondering how valuable the group thinks these ads are.  We spend thousands of dollars each year to advertise in Ameritech, TDI and local books...the content is mainly our airlines and their 1-800 numbers, as well as our web site information.
Any insights as the the value of this sort of advertising would be greatly appreciated!
Happy holidays!
Pat Corfman
Bishop International Airport
Flint, MI