"House Passes Short-Term FAA Extension Act"

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

House Passes Short-Term FAA Extension Act
AAAE

With the current FAA reauthorization bill and the aviation excise taxes set
to expire on Sept. 30, the House Monday passed the FAA Extension Act of
2007, H.R. 3540. The bill would extend the aviation excise taxes through
Dec. 31, 2007, and provide approximately $918.8 million in contract
authority for the Airport Improvement Program.

The House Ways and Means Committee last week approved the three-month
extension bill to ensure revenue from the aviation taxes continues to be
deposited into the Airport and Airway Trust Fund. The panel also approved a
four-year bill that would increase general aviation fuel taxes over the next
four years to help pay for air traffic control modernization.

   Post your comments in the CAA Legislative Forum