"House To Consider FAA Reauthorization Bill Thursday"

Tuesday September 18, 2007

House To Consider FAA Reauthorization Bill Thursday
AAAE

The House on Sept. 20 is scheduled to consider the FAA Reauthorization bill.
AAAE's Airport Legislative Alliance said it continues to focus on
maintaining the proposed PFC increase and defeating proposed new aircraft
rescue and firefighting (ARFF) standards, both components of the
reauthorization measure.

When the FAA reauthorization bill reaches the House floor, Reps. Nick
Lampson (D-Texas) and Ted Poe (R-Texas) are expected to attempt to strike
the provision in the bill that would raise the PFC cap from $4.50 to $7.
Meanwhile, labor is continues to push for new ARFF standards that could
increase equipment and staffing requirements for airports.

   Post your comments in the CAA Legislative Forum