"Final Deal On 9/11 Commission Bill Includes $5 Billion For In-Line EDS"

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Final Deal On 9/11 Commission Bill Includes $5 Billion For In-Line EDS
AAAE

After several months of intense debate over a host of controversial issues,
House and Senate negotiators have reached a final agreement on legislation
aimed at implementing the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.
Importantly for airports, the legislation provides $250 million annually in
mandatory spending for in-line explosives detection systems (EDS) through
2028 for a total of $5 billion, along with a reconstituted LOI process as
advocated for by AAAE's Airport Legislative Alliance. The conference report
also provides a separate authorization of $450 million annually for fiscal
years 2008 through 2011 for in-line systems.

   Post your comments in the CAA Legislative Forum