"Democratic Congressional Priorities on Homeland Security and Transportation"

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Democratic Priorities in Congress
The Associated Press

Some priorities set by Democrat leaders in Congress:

Homeland security: Enact Sept. 11 commission recommendations, including
stronger oversight of intelligence agencies and privacy-civil liberties
issues. Declassify intelligence agencies' budgets. Put a radio system in
place by next year to let emergency responders from different agencies talk
to each other. Boost security for rail and mass transit systems and chemical
and nuclear plants.

Transportation: Oppose administration plans to consolidate air traffic
control facilities and allow more foreign control of airlines. Raise the
limit of Transportation Security Administration airport screeners from
45,000. More oversight hearings on the Federal Aviation Administration.
Increase cargo inspection on passenger airlines.

   Post your comments in the CAA Legislative Forum