"Letters on FY02 DOT Appropriations and Airport Bonds"

Tuesday, October 16, 2001

Letters on FY02 DOT Appropriations and Airport Bonds
AAAE/ACI-NA

Although we have been very focused on airport security in the past
month, we have still been working on other issues. In preparation for
the upcoming conference on the FY02 DOT spending bill, we sent a letter
to members of the House and Senate Transportation Appropriations
Subcommittees today outlining airport priorities on the Hill. The letter
can be viewed at:
http://www.airportnet.org/depts/federal/letters/2002Conferees.pdf.

Additionally, we also sent out a letter today to various members of the
Senate and House regarding airport bonds. We asked you last week to
respond if you wished for your airport to be added as a signatory on the
letter; thirty-three airports did so. That letter can be viewed at:
http://www.airportnet.org/depts/federal/letters/bondletter.pdf

   Post your comments in the CAA Legislative Forum
http://www.californiaaviation.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?conf=DCConfID5