The City of Corona’s Public Works Department is an experienced Airport Manager (click here to view complete job bulletin) to plan, organize, and manage the maintenance and operations of the City’s General Utility Stage II Airport. This is an administrative and professional-level class that is responsible for planning, implementing and administering a comprehensive program to promote, operate and maintain the City’s recreational airport facility. The position reports to the Assistant Public Works Director/Operations and is accountable for the interpretation and implementation of policies affecting division operations. This position would be an excellent fit for retired service members, pilots and individuals with a background in municipal airport operations.
The salary for this position is $6,309.00 - $7,703.00 per month plus an excellent benefits package including the following highlights:
· RETIREMENT: CalPERS Retirement 2.7@ 55 or 2% @ 62 depending on your current membership status in CalPERS. The City does not participate in Social Security and the City pays the employees mandatory contribution to the Medicare Program.
· ANNUAL LEAVE & HOLIDAYS: 21 (8 hour) working days (168 hours) of paid leave are earned after one year of employment, with additional days earned, based on length of service. There are 12 (8 hour) paid holidays (96 hours) per calendar year.
· MEDICAL INSURANCE: There are a variety of plans to choose from including Blue Shield HMO, Kaiser and PERS PPO Plans. Option to waive medical insurance, indexed at 2003 PERS Choice rate equivalent to your current coverage (i.e. single $296.00, employee + one $596.00, family $770.00). Dental and vision coverage are available for a nominal fee.
· DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN: Employees hired on or after January 1, 1999 shall receive an additional payment into their deferred compensation plan account of $150.00 per quarter plus $50.00 per quarter to be deposited into A Retirement Health Savings Account (ICMA VantageCare or Nationwide PEHP).
· BI-LINGUAL PAY: Upon certification and departmental needs, 4% increase of base pay is awarded for the use of Spanish language on the job.
Education/Training/Experience: A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a college or university with full accreditation status granted by an institutional or specialized accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation with a major in public administration, business administration or related field and five years of managerial experience in the operation of a municipal airport.
· A valid Class C California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
· Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
· A valid Pilot’s license is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY: This position will remain open until July 22, 2013. Apply online at City of Corona Job Opportunities or in person at 400 S. Vicentia Ave. Corona, CA 92882. Faxes, postmarks, and copies not accepted. The City of Corona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at 951-736-2209 should you have any questions.
Human Resources Analyst
City of Corona | Human Resources Department
400 S. Vicentia Avenue, Suite 155 | Corona, CA 92882
( Phone: (951) 279-3594 | * Email: StaceyB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx