Re: CAA: Ideas and Inovations List, Part 161 Study

>On Tue, 30 Jul 2002  <celestefrancis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>To: <idea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: CAA: Ideas and Inovations List,  Part 161 Study

>Has anyone participated in a Part 161 Study.  Any words of wisdom?
>Pitfalls?  Any information that you can offer will be deeply
appreciated.

Celeste,  there have been only three airports that I recall having
pursued Part 161 opportunities...Burbank, CA, Naples, FL and a GA
airport somewhere whose location I forgot but whose's attempt was
dismissed readily. The Naples study has perhaps gone the furthest with
court cases. Not sure what happened in the case of Burbank. A Part 161
Study was intended to be made difficult to accomplish which is why it
has not been pursued readily.

Steve Quilty