[Archive Home][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


Construction flaggers - who do you use?

Here at DTW and YIP we have multiple construction projects that require 
flaggers for crossings at movement areas (taxiways).  We currently use flaggers 
who are trained by us, with an airfield operations specialist supervising each 
flagging point. 

Needless to say, this gets expensive when we have as many as four or five 
crossing points, plus it cuts down specialist availability for training.  

How do you staff crossing points?  We've discussed replacing the specialists 
with seasonal workers who have appropriate airport/aviation backgrounds and 
experience (retired air traffic controllers, retired airline/military pilots, 
students in college-level flight programs, etc).  The idea of replacing the 
flaggers with mobile, wireless remotely-controlled crossing gates has also been 
brought up.  

What do the assembled multitudes do?

Semper Fi
   Find past Mutual Help topics in the CAA Help Forum


Current CAA news channel:

Fair Use Notice
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you have any queries regarding this issue, please Email us at stepheni@cwnet.com