FAA ATC Tower Lease Rental Rate

Richard,

At Fullerton, the City built the ATCT in 1959 (the first civil ATCT in Orange County).  Ever since then the City has leased the tower to the FAA.  The current annual lease payment is $26,550.  The lease was renewed in 2010 and has a term of 15 years with an option for another 15 years.  There is a CPI escalator clause which is effective every fifth (5th) year.  The FAA leasehold is for 1,378 square feet.  Currently, the ATCT is staffed by contract controllers.  I hope this is of some help.

Rod Propst, AAE

Airport Manager KFUL