Mutual Help List, Question: FBO requests taxilane on ramp

Richard,

Hard to give you a direct answer here because of a number of unknowns.  Some basics -- AC’s do not address markings in non-movement areas, however, prudent operators should use those standards, particularly if they are in the liability stream (which you are).  There are no non-movement/movement markings crossing the entrance/exit taxiways to the ramp so there is no marking clue to the pilot that s/he is entering a movement/non-movement (if that is actually the case).

I would suggest that if you (as the airport operator) are providing advice to your tenant, that you follow the AC standards related to protection areas.  There are other issues, if you want to discuss, feel free to call.

Tim Phillips

              7103 South Redwood Road, Ste. 151

              West Jordan, UT 84084  USA

              1-801-258-1169