Question: FBO requests taxilane on ramp

Everyone:

One of the airport's FBOs wants to mark a taxilane stripe onto their ramp (aerials attached).  They're requesting the marking for safety reasons.

However, the request has set off questions from airport management about taxilane safety areas, object free areas, etc.  Another question was "Can airplanes park on taxiways?"

I've worked at 5 airports and this issue has never come up before.  My questions:

        1.        Have any other airports currently have a taxilane in front of an FBO such is this?  If so, what issues and/or problems did you run across?

        2.        Do you see any pros/cons with this setup as shown?

        3.        Any comments on parking aircraft on taxilanes?

Thanks for your inputs.

Richard M. Stein, A.A.E.
Deputy Airport Director, Operations and Maintenance
Lynchburg Regional Airport
350 Terminal Drive, Suite 100
Lynchburg, VA  24502
(434) 455-6088