From: help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harry Krug
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:33 AM
To: help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CAA: Mutual Help List, "Shooting Varmits"

Maybe there are a few nuclear weapons still laying around you could
use.  Seriously, shooting ground squirrels is not cost effective.
Baiting the squirrels is the best method and the county agricultural
commissioner's office can provide expertise and also sell the bait for
the job.  The coyotes are there because of the squirrels, get rid of the

squirrels and the coyotes will move on to the surrounding cattle and
sheep.  Good luck.

On 11/10/2011 2:46 AM, Stephen Irwin, M.S., A.A.E., I.A.P. wrote:
> Specifically for those in CA, but open for comment to anyone - is
anybody out there shooting ground squirrels and coyotes on their
airfield?

> I'm specifically looking to see if any airport/operation, etc. is
actively shooting the varmits on their airfield.

> Thanks
>
> Scotty
> smalta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>     Find past Mutual Help topics in the CAA Help Forum
> http://www.californiaaviation.org/dcfp/dcboard.php

> California Aviation Alliance: Mutual Help List
>
> To originate a message to the Mutual Help List, address your e-mail to
help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fill in the 'Subject" line and your message
or use the convenient form at:
http://www.californiaaviation.org/post_to_lists.htm
> Either way, your message will be received by everyone on the list.
>
> To respond to someone elses message to this list, simply click on the
'Reply' button on your e-mail program, leaving the 'Subject' line alone.

Administration page at  http://californiaaviation.org/cal/index.cfm