Mutual Help List, Automated parking system

One of my favorite subjects, but not one with an easy answer (that I have
found).

While this is not what you mentioned, we plan to implement a "Pay and Display"
system.  This causes the parker to pay at a pay station, take the receipt and
"display" it on the dash of their car.  Sometime during the night a security
guard walks the parking lot to make sure everyone has a receipt on their dash.
If they don't they are ticketed in some fashion.  You get your payment up
front, and (I believe) you have fewer moving parts: gates, ticket spitters, pay
stations and the like.  I have not priced this system yet.

Please post any wisdom you've gathered.  Small airport parking is a great
revenue source, but there seems to be no good system.

Tom Williams

Meridian Airport Authority

Mississippi