From: "Martin Pehl" <MPEHL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: aca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 10:34:26 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Association of California Airports, "Airport Name Dedication Process"

I believe the first step is a resolution from the airport sponsor (i.e. City counsel, board of supervisors, etc.) declaring the new name. You then provide the resolution for the new name with an application to amend your State airport permit to show the new name. You also provide the resolution to the FAA to amend your 139 certificate (if applicable) and update your 5010, etc.
Sent from my BlackBerry