Runway de-icer, ARFF truck equipmentquestions

I forwarded the information to my Airport Manager who is much more familiar with the current advisory circulars than I.  He provided the following insight…

Looking at the AC for ARFF vehicle specifications 150/5220-10D, yes they removed “clothing and tools” directly from this AC.  However, there is an AC for ARFF equipment, tools and clothing (150/5210-14B) which specifies among other things, SCBA’s.  This should make such equipment AIP eligible.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Vardiman, ACE
Airport Manager
Prescott Municipal Airport
Ernest A. Love Field
6546 Crystal Lane
Prescott, AZ 86301
Office: (928)-777-1114
Fax: (928)-771-5861
Email:
ben.vardiman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Mary Catherine Tennant, Airport Management Analyst

mc.tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note as of November 22, 2008 my email address changed to mc.tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx