Service animal requirements for airports

Richard,

I believe this is what your looking for:

Below is the language used in the final rule published in the Federal Register
Part II
Department of Transportation
14 CFR Part 382
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel; Final Rule
Page 39
382.51
Paragraph only:

One new requirement at U.S. airports is to provide, in cooperation with the airport operator, animal relief areas for service animals that accompany passengers who are departing, arriving, or connecting at the facility.

Jeff

AIRPORT SPONSOR ASSURANCES, LEASING POLICIES, AND MINIMUM STANDARDS WORKSHOP REMINDER

Please join us for the Airport Sponsor Assurances, Leasing Policies, and Minimum Standards Workshop (sponsored by Aviation Management Consulting Group) which will be held April 25-26, 2009 in Addison, Texas.  For more information, please visit AAAE's website (www.aaae.org/MinimumStandards) or contact Alex Gertsen at (571) 283-7712.
Jeff A. Kohlman, Principal
Aviation Management Consulting Group
9085 E. Mineral Circle, Suite 315
Centennial, CO 80112-3499
303-792-2700 Phone
303-792-2751 Fax
303-435-0505 Mobile
www.aviationmanagement.com
The information contained in this e-mail document is intended only for the personal use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If the reader of this document is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this document is prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the document to us by mail.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:45:34 -0400
Subject: CAA: Mutual Help List,  Service animal requirements for airports

Everyone -

I've had my tenant airlines come to me stating that the DOT has requirements for the airport to provide a designated service animal relief area (for lack of a better term) and supplies such as watering dishes, gloves and plastic bags for the animals available at all times.

I've looked through 14 CFR 382 and the ADA guidelines for what the airport is legally required to do, but I can't find any specific requirements in any regulations.

The airlines say the DOT requires these procedures and supplies to be in place by May 13th, or the airport can be fined.

My question: Does anyone know what the requirements are - or where I could find them in the regulations?

Thanks for your help.

Richard M. Stein, A.A.E.
Deputy Airport Director, Operations and Maintenance
Lynchburg Regional Airport
4308 Wards Road, Suite 100
Lynchburg, VA  24502
(434) 455-6088