Service animal requirements for airports

Everyone -

I've had my tenant airlines come to me stating that the DOT has requirements for the airport to provide a designated service animal relief area (for lack of a better term) and supplies such as watering dishes, gloves and plastic bags for the animals available at all times.

I've looked through 14 CFR 382 and the ADA guidelines for what the airport is legally required to do, but I can't find any specific requirements in any regulations.

The airlines say the DOT requires these procedures and supplies to be in place by May 13th, or the airport can be fined.

My question: Does anyone know what the requirements are - or where I could find them in the regulations?

Thanks for your help.

Richard M. Stein, A.A.E.
Deputy Airport Director, Operations and Maintenance
Lynchburg Regional Airport
4308 Wards Road, Suite 100
Lynchburg, VA  24502
(434) 455-6088