From: help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Grierson
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 11:05 AM
To: help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CAA: Mutual Help List, Land Use Code

Brad I strongly encourage you to check out the land use planning handbooks published by CALTRANS and also by IDOT. They address all aspects of compatible development.

Here are their websites:

>>> "Christopher, Brad" <BChristopher@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/13/2008 12:16 PM >>>

I am looking for information concerning land use code or standards for areas around an airport that would be applicable to the potential development of wildlife habitat/attractants.  Specifically, we are working on language for our local land use code which would avoid and/or mitigate  man-made development of wildlife habitat (i.e. storm detention ponds, certain agricultural crop land, landfills, etc.) that may pose hazards to air navigation.  Does anyone have or know of a good example to use which specifically addresses this?

E. Bradley Christopher, A.A.E.
Assistant Director of Airports
Operations
bchristopher@xxxxxxxxxxx