"Future of Santa Monica Airport at Stake in Competing Ballot Measures"

Friday, October 17, 2014

Future of Santa Monica Airport at Stake in Competing Ballot Measures

By Jim Nash

KTLA TV Ch 5 (CW), Los Angeles (CA)

On Nov. 4, Santa Monica voters will weigh two competing measures that offer differing visions for the future of the city’s 227-acre airport, which is the subject of air pollution and noise complaints.

Measure D, which is backed by an aircraft owners and pilots association, would allow the airport to continue operate as an aviation facility and would require voter approval to shut down or make major changes at the airport. Measure LC would give the City Council authority over the future of Santa Monica Airport, with a public vote required for commercial development.

Related video:

http://ktla.com/2014/10/13/future-of-santa-monica-airport-at-stake-in-competing-ballot-measures/#ooid=V5aWM1cToZZ0_TPYG_Tadcn9l3pws4UM

image001.png