"New Tuolumne County Airport Manager"

Monday, September 15, 2014

New Airport Manager
By Sabrina Ambler
KVML 1450 AM Radio, Sonora (CA)

Columbia, CA - The County has hired Benedict Stuth as the new Tuolumne
County Airport Manager. Deputy County Administrator Daniel Richardson says,
"We are so excited to have Benedict Stuth on, he is a pleasure to work with.
I think the community will enjoy working with him as they get to know him,
his enthusiasm is infectious."

Richardson says Stuth has expressed a strong desire to engage with community
partners such as the Tuolumne County Visitor's Bureau and the Columbia
Chamber of Commerce to help expand airport economic development
opportunities. The annual Father's Day Fly-In in June is one of the popular
county events held at Columbia Airport.

Stuth has experience from working for Monterey Regional Airport, the
regional Federal Aviation Administration Office in Burlingame, and an
airport engineering firm in Los Angeles. Stuth received a Bachelor's degree
in Political Science from California State Polytechnic University and a
Master's of Public Administration from the University of Southern
California.

According to Richardson Stuth took over from Jim Thomas who retired after
managing Columbia Airport for over a decade.