[Archive Home][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Corporate List, "Email Lists & Autoresponders - Une Fois Pour Toutes"
- To: <corporate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: CAA: Corporate List, Corporate List, "Email Lists & Autoresponders - Une Fois Pour Toutes"
- From: "William Nichols" <williamnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:17:14 -0700
- References: <023101c314f1$4fbbfde0$98705142@stephen>
- Reply-To: corporate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: corporate-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
God love ya, I wouldn't have your job.
You're the greatest. "Non carburundus illegitimus" ( Don't let the bastards
wear you down). Keep up the good work.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Irwin" <stepheni@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:35 PM
Subject: CAA: Corporate List, "Email Lists & Autoresponders - Une Fois Pour
Ms. Wedl has been unsubscribed. As a courtesy to everyone on the list,
please direct your concerns about the list only to me at stepheni@xxxxxxxxx
A member of this list has set their autoresponder (a feature on your email
program that automatically sends a reply when someone emails you) to respond
to this list. What's happening is that a post to the list triggered an
automatic email response (out of office) by this persons email software
which then was distributed to everyone subscribed to the list, including
this subscriber. When this subscriber received that post from the list, her
autoresponder responded, and on and on sort of like ping pong with the list
and autoresponder replying to one another. Autoresponders will normally
allow you to exclude certain email addresses or domains. Please contact your
system administrator or email software manufacturer for more information on
the autoresponder feature of your email program. This person has been
unsubscribed from the list.
Thanks for your patience.