"Nigeria Committed To Global Aviation Security – Minister"

Friday, August 25, 2017

Nigeria Committed To Global Aviation Security – Minister
By Ejike Ejike
Nigeria - Leadership

The minister of state for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika has reiterated Federal
Government’s  commitment to take aviation security to the next level and not be
a global weak link.

The minister, who stated this to the global aviation security while addressing
participants at the ongoing Regional ministerial conference on aviation
security entitled ‘Global Aviation Security Plan (GASeP): The Roadmap to Foster
Aviation Security in Africa and the Middle East,’ in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt;
said “May I on behalf of Nigeria President, President Muhammadu Buhari assure
you the commitment of Nigeria in this regard of aviation safety, that we will
take seriously any task, role or assignment assigned to the nation of Nigeria
or that Nigeria assigned itself in this regard and to further state that we
will not be the weak link in aviation security.

“This has also been demonstrated by the fact that the President and
Commander-In-Chief of the country Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has
approved the improvement of our aviation security, AVSEC as it is called. They
are now arms bearing and have been committed to series of trainings.”

Sirika also seized the opportunity to appreciate organisations that have been
invaluable in the training of Nigeria’s aviation security personnel.

In a statement signed by the spokesperson of the Ministry, James Odaudu, the
minister stated that  “We want to thank the United Nation Counter-Terrorism
Department that conducted training twice in Nigeria recently and they will
continue to provide that training. We are partnering with them to support us in
the K-9 programme that will improve security in Nigeria aviation.”