"Afghanistan's Kam Air Purchases Airbus A340 ‘to Boost Aviation Industry’"

Friday, July 21, 2017

Kam Air Purchases Airbus A340 ‘To Boost Aviation Industry’

Kam Air officials say the airliner will help the company to conduct direct flights from Afghanistan to the United States.

Afghanistan - TOLO News

Thumbnail

Afghanistan’s one of prominent private aviation companies, Kam Air, has purchased a new Airbus A340 airliner as part of its efforts to boost the aviation industry in the country, officials of the company said.

The Airbus A340 is a long-range, four-engine, wide-body commercial passenger jet airliner developed and produced by the European aerospace company Airbus.

The A340 was assembled in Toulouse, France. It has the capacity to seats up to 375 passengers in the standard variants and 440 in the stretched -600 series.

Kam Air officials have said that the airliner will help the company to conduct direct flights between Afghanistan and the United States in the near future.

“It (the airbus) will start flights (international flights) in the near future. For now we are giving the airliner to Ariana Airlines for hajj flights (to the Saudi Arabia) and later on the airliner will conduct international flights,” said Kam Air CEO Osman Samadi.

Officials from Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) meanwhile urged government to support investors who are interested to investing in the aviation sector.

“The government should take necessary measures and revive the trust of the private sector. Government should cooperate in the field of tax exemption and loans because there are big companies which are willing to invest (in this sector),” the ACCI spokesman Seyam Pesarlai told TOLOnews.

image001.jpg

JPEG image