"Person 'passes gas' on an American Airlines plane, forces allpassengers off at NC airport"

Monday, July 17, 2017

'Passed gas' forces passengers off plane at Raleigh airport
The Charlotte (NC)  Observer

A person who "passed gas" on an American Airlines plane on Sunday afternoon
forced all passengers off the jet, officials said.

The flight, which was not identified by RDU officials, landed at the airport
around 4 p.m. after passengers became ill with nausea and headaches, according
to a spokesperson with Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

All the passengers were taken off the plane. After the incident was
investigated, it was determined that a passenger "passed gas," the official
said.

Authorities later said that the incident was a "medical call" and directed all
questions to Wake County EMS.

RDU officials did not identify where the plane was from or its destination or
what type of aircraft was involved.