"San Francisco airport screener who let drugs pass imprisoned"

Thursday, July 6, 2017

San Francisco airport screener who let drugs pass imprisoned
The Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A former security screener at San Francisco International
Airport has been sentenced to one year in federal prison for agreeing to look
the other way while passengers slipped cocaine into luggage.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/2sKaRVU ) 29-year-old
Jessica Scott was sentenced on Wednesday after pleading guilty in March to
conspiring to defraud the government.

Scott's ex-husband, Joseph Scott, was a supervising transportation security
officer at the time. Jessica Scott admitted to agreeing with him in July 2013
to let a carry-on bag go through without investigating its contents.

Joseph Scott pleaded guilty last month to accepting a bribe as a public
official and is scheduled to be sentenced in November.

Charges against a third former airport screener, Michael Castaneda, are pending.

The three worked for a private company called Covenant.