"Indianapolis Airport expands incentives to attract internationalflights"

Monday, June 26, 2017

Airport expands incentives to attract international flights
The Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS  - An Indiana airport has expanded its incentives package with the
aim of attracting new international air service.

The Indianapolis International Airport has increased the amount of marketing
support available for new international flights, The Indianapolis Business
Journal (http://bit.ly/2s07Mf7 ) reported. The incentives include banners,
digital advertising and vinyl floor decals at the airport. Other incentives
include fee waivers and rent reductions during the first two years.

The airport currently only has direct international flights to Cancun, Mexico
and Toronto, Canada. The airport is trying to attract its first transatlantic
flight, with London as a top priority.

The airline had previously offered up to $50,000 in marketing support for the
first year of a new international service. Under the expanded program, airlines
can receive up to $400,000 in marketing support during the first two years of
service, depending on the frequency of flights.

Strengthening these incentives will bring the airport in line with industry
standards, Senior Director of Commercial Enterprise Marsha Stone wrote in a
memo to airport authority board members.

"As staff continues to aggressively pursue international service, this
incentive will be critical to competitively position Indianapolis amongst peers
also pursuing similar service opportunities," she said.

The airport authority board hired the Indy Chamber in May to help it with both
air service development and land development.