"Charleston airport CEO postpones retirement to stay at post"

Friday, June 23, 2017

Charleston airport CEO postpones retirement to stay at post
The Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C.  - The CEO of Charleston International Airport in South
Carolina will stay at his post for two more years.

The Post and Courier reports the Charleston County Aviation Authority voted
unanimously Thursday to keep CEO Paul Campbell in charge of Charleston
International and its two other airports. This means the 70-year-old is
postponing his previously announced retirement plans.

Campbell, who's also a state senator from Goose Creek, currently earns $225,000
annually. Aviation Authority chairman Billy Swails says a new contract will be
written where Campbell may make more.

Campbell originally planned to retire by last September. The board requested he
stay on month to month as it searched for a new CEO.

Because of recent growth and new projects planned, Swails says the board wants
continuity within its senior management.