"Nashville Airport Honored for Being Fastest-Growing"

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Nashville Airport Honored for Being Fastest-Growing
The Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Nashville International Airport (BNA) has been named
the fastest growing airport of its size in the country following a surge in
passenger traffic last year.

Airport officials say that more than 12.9 million passengers traveled in and
out of BNA last year, an all-time record for the fourth consecutive year in a
row. Officials say that was an increase of 11.2 percent from the previous year.

As a result of the increased number of travelers, BNA received the Airport
Traffic Growth Award from Airline Network News and Analysis for being the
fastest-growing mid-size airport in the nation.

Officials say 2017 promises to be even busier and the airport is projected to
surpass the latest figure by more than a million passengers.