"Eugene Airport on Track for 1 Million Passengers"

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Eugene Airport on Track for 1 Million Passengers
The Eugene Airport is on pace to set a yearly passenger record, likely
exceeding 1 million.
The Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - Eugene Airport is on track to have 1 million passengers
this year, a mark it has never hit.

Almost 400,000 passengers used the city-owned airport through the end of the
May. Airport director Tim Doll tells The Register-Guard (https://is.gd/xu10Yr )
that a new daily flight to Phoenix began June 1, and that should push the 2017
total over a million.

Led by Delta and United, the number of passengers using the airport in May rose
by nearly 6 percent compared with the same month last year. American Airlines
is the carrier for the new flight to Phoenix.

Alaska Airlines and Allegiant Air also serve the Eugene Airport.