"Southwest testing faster deplaning process at San Jose, Sacramentoairports"

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Southwest testing faster deplaning process at San Jose, Sacramento airports
By Alyssa Pereira
The San Francisco (CA) Chronicle

In the future, travelers on Southwest Airlines flights may wait half as long as
they currently do to get off a plane.

In an attempt to alleviate one of the most inconvenient things about flying,
the airline is testing the process of dual-door deplaning at both the Mineta
San Jose International Airport and the Sacramento International Airport, as NBC
Bay Area reports. The effort has already been successful at Burbank's Bob Hope
Airport.

Dual-door deplaning allows passengers to exit a plane from doors at both the
front and rear of the plane.

The testing was initially planned to last for two weeks beginning on June 1,
but Southwest has reportedly begun testing the new deplaning process on some
flights already.

Southwest Airlines did not immediately respond to requests for comment.