"Suspicious pressure cooker causes evacuation at Newark Airport"

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Pressure cooker causes bomb scare at Newark Airport

By Larry Celona

The New York (NY) Post

Pressure cooker causes bomb scare at Newark Airport

Authorities evacuated part of Newark Airport on Saturday after cops found an unattended pressure cooker in a brown bag.

The cooker was discovered near a trash can in Terminal A at around 4:45 p.m., said sources.

“There is police activity in front of Terminal A at Newark Liberty Airport. Passengers should expect some delays. Updates to follow,” the Port Authority tweeted at 5:20 p.m.

Later, at 6:08 p.m., they reported the package was given the all “clear.”

“It’s not a device,” said a Port Authority source, who said officials will be reviewing surveillance footage to see who left the parcel.

The concern, the source continued, is that the bag may have been part some sort of “dry run,” in anticipation of something more sinister.

image001.jpg

JPEG image