"Fistfight erupts on Southwest jet as it taxis to gate in Burbank,Calif."

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Caught on video: Fistfight erupts on Southwest jet as it taxis to gate in Burbank, Calif.

By Matthew Diebel

USATODAY

GTY 484118184 A TRN USA MD

                   A fight broke out on a Southwest Airlines jet as it taxied at Burbank's Bob Hope Airport.

Ejected families, dead rabbits, dragged doctors.

As if airlines in the U.S. don’t have enough trouble on their hands, a Southwest Airlines jet coming into the gate at a California airport was the scene of a full-blown fistfight, another on-plane incident that was caught on cellphone video.

In the footage, which was posted to Twitter, two men can be seen jostling with one another before one is thrown into the seats in front of them. Then the man on the seats receives a series of punches before other passengers and flight attendants intervene.

A woman can be heard yelling, “What is wrong with you? Get off!”

In a statement to CNN, Southwest said one man suffered minor injuries in the Sunday morning fight at Burbank’s Bob Hope Airport and the other, who was reported to be Chaze Mickalo Cable, 37, of Lancaster, Calif., was arrested for misdemeanor battery and booked into the Burbank City Jail, said Sgt. Derek Green of the local police department, the Los Angeles Times reported.

In the statement, Southwest praised its employees. "Our employees are our everyday heroes and are trained to de-escalate conflict while delivering heartfelt hospitality on nearly 4,000 flights to nearly the half-million customers who fly Southwest every day," it said.

The man who took the video, Michael Krause of Newbury Park, Calif., told CBS Los Angeles that he heard a commotion and that two men began wrestling and throwing punches.

“Everyone was de-planing then all heck broke loose,” Krause said.

The flight, which had originated in Dallas, Texas, later took off for its final destination, Oakland, Calif.

image001.jpg

JPEG image