"Kansas City airport stops paper screening policy"

Friday, May 5, 2017

Kansas City airport stops paper screening policy
The Associated Press

Kansas City, Mo. - Kansas City International Airport has been asked to stop a
recently added screening procedure that required passengers to remove all paper
products from their carry-ons while going through security checkpoints.

The Kansas City Star reports the Transportation Security Administration asked
the airport's security agency Akal Security Inc. to stop the policy Tuesday
because it was affecting operations.

The procedure required passengers to remove all paper items including books,
loose-leaf paper, Post-It notes and files so they could be screened to make
sure no dangerous items were hidden inside.

The TSA says random and unpredicted screening measures may be implemented at
airports if they follow TSA guidelines.

The agency says it has no plans to adopt the paper screening policy on a larger
scale.