"Allegheny County Airport Authority CEO receives contract extension"

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Allegheny County Airport Authority CEO receives contract extension
By Andrew Goldstein
The Pittsburgh (PA) Post-Gazette

The Allegheny County Airport Authority has extended the contract of its CEO for
up to five years.

The authority hired Christina Cassotis in 2015 to increase the number of
flights to Pittsburgh International Airport. On Friday, the authority announced
that it extended her contract for three years with two one-year options.

"The airport authority is moving in a tremendously positive direction with
Christina at the helm," authority board chairman David Minnotte said in a
statement. "Our nonstop destinations have increased from 37 to 68 in the time
she's been here and community partnership and engagement have also surged.
We're pleased to extend her term as CEO for the next five years. Her dynamic
leadership is paying dividends for the region."

In addition to increasing the number of nonstop flights, the airport has gained
eight new carriers under Ms. Cassotis' tenure. Those include Condor Airlines,
which flies to Germany, and Wow, which flies to Iceland.

The contract extension nullifies the third year of her original three-year
deal, which began Jan. 15, 2015.

Ms. Cassotis' base salary before the extension was $306,800. The new contract,
retroactive to Jan. 15, 2017, includes a 6 percent per year salary increase, a
retention bonus of up to 15 percent 401A contributions, pension contributions
and five weeks' vacation.

"Christina has done a fantastic job since she's been here, and she's been a
game-changer for the airport," authority vice chairman Bob Lewis said in a
statement. "The fact that she's committed for several more years is key for the
airport's continued growth. The 80 percent increase in nonstop destinations is
recognized in the industry as a huge achievement."