"Sky Harbor airport noise complaints head to federal court"

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Sky Harbor airport noise complaints head to federal court
The Associated Press

PHOENIX (AP) - A federal appeals court is set to hear arguments in two cases
over noise complaints at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

The court schedule reflects that the cases will be going before the court in
Washington, D.C. on Friday.

The city of Phoenix filed its lawsuit against the Federal Aviation
Administration in 2015 after the agency changed flight paths at the airport as
part of a national program for safety and efficiency. The city claimed the new
routes significantly increased noise in several neighborhoods.

Neighborhood associations filed their own complaint against the FAA months
later.

Both complaints ask the court to find the agency at fault for how it went about
changing the flight paths.

The FAA previously argued it consulted with a variety of Phoenix agencies
before making the changes.