"2016 Was Busiest Year Ever at Denver International Airport"

Sunday, March 5, 2017

2016 Was Busiest Year Ever at Denver International Airport
The Associated Press

DENVER (AP) - Denver International Airport has set another record for passenger
traffic.

Nearly 58.3 million travelers passed through the airport in 2016, soaring by
more than 4 million people over the previous passenger traffic record set one
year earlier.

Airport CEO Kim Day says in a statement says DIA has seen three consecutive
years of record-setting passenger growth, driven by strong demand for travel to
and from Denver, large increases in airline capacity and efforts to secure new
airlines and destinations around the world.

The Denver Post reports (http://dpo.st/2mbwSIx ) that DIA also smashed the
previous record book for its single busiest days in airport history.

Of the top 10 busiest days ever, all occurred in 2016. The single busiest day
was the Sunday after Thanksgiving, when 188,486 passengers traveled through the
airport.