"McCarran Airport reports January surge in international travel"

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

McCarran Airport reports January surge in international travel
The Associated Press

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A monthly report says a surge in international passengers
helped boost McCarran International Airport traveler traffic by 3.5 percent in
January.

The Las Vegas airport reported late Monday that it handled almost 3.7 million
arriving and departing passengers last month.

That's after it handled 47.4 million passengers in 2016.

The number of international travelers increased 5.8 percent in year-to-year
comparisons, from almost 254,000 in January 2016 to a little more than 268,000
last month.

Domestic passenger traffic was up 3.3 percent.

McCarran handles more than a dozen commercial international airlines.

Canada-based Westjet Airlines and Air Canada logged the most international
passengers for the month, nearly 132,000.

Southwest Airlines remained the busiest of the 12 domestic commercial carriers
at the airport.

Delta reported the biggest increase in domestic passenger volume during the
month, up almost 15 percent.