"Pittsburgh airport CEO to make pitch for federal funds beforeCongress"

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pittsburgh airport CEO to make pitch for federal funds before Congress

By Theresa Clift

The Pittsburgh (PA) Tribune

                                                                                Allegheny County Airport Authority CEO Christina Cassotis.

Allegheny County Airport Authority CEO Christina Cassotis will testify before Congress on Wednesday, making a pitch for increased federal funding for infrastructure needs at medium-sized airports like Pittsburgh International, the authority announced.

The hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure's Subcommittee on Aviation is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.

“I'll be discussing the infrastructure needs and funding challenges facing medium-size airports, particularly former hubs in the heartland like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis and Memphis,” Cassotis said in a prepared statement. “We all are dealing with aging infrastructure, deferred capital projects and federal funding limitations.”

Officials from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the Port of Seattle's aviation division, Greater Asheville (N.C.) Regional Airport Authority and the County of Ventura, Calif., are scheduled to testify.

This is the first time Cassotis has testified before Congress, said Bob Kerlik, airport spokesman.

Cassotis will be making the pitch that the Federal Aviation Administration make changes in the way it prioritizes funding to airports, Kerlik said.

The hearing will be livestreamed  here.

image001.png

PNG image