"As Uber, Lyft thrive at DIA, airport will allow fewer taxi cabs"

Monday, February 20, 2017

As Uber, Lyft thrive at DIA, airport will allow fewer taxi cabs
By Cathy Proctor
The Denver (CO) Business Journal

The demand for traditional taxis at Denver International Airport has dropped
over the years as more passengers use ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft
to get from the airport, say airport officials.

And DIA is responding by cutting the number of taxi cabs it will allow to
linger at the airport, waiting to pick up passengers, in any 24-hour period.

DIA currently allows the seven taxi companies that operate at the airport to
send a combined total of 321 cabs to the airport's commercial waiting lot
during a 24-hour period.