"Brussels Airport Stopped 30 Terror Suspects In One Month"

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Brussels Airport Stopped 30 Terror Suspects In One Month
By Jacob Bojesson
The Daily Caller

Police officers at Brussels International Airport detained 30 terror suspects
in one month after stepping up its presence following the terror attack last
March.
More than 100 specially trained officers have been deployed at the airport
since 16 people were killed by suicide bombers on March 22 in an Islamic
State-inspired attack.

New figures released by newspaper De Standaard reveals 30 people were detained
on suspicion of "links with terrorism or offenses linked to the security of the
state" between mid-November and mid-December.

A railway police unit has also been set up at the main train stations around
the city after it was revealed the terrorist who drove a truck into a Christmas
market in Berlin Dec. 19 traveled through Brussels. Brussels' Interior Minister
Jan Jambon said it was too early to judge how effective the measures have been.

Airport police flagged individuals to authorities on several occasions before
the attack. At least 50 ISIS supporters were employed at the airport at the
time as baggage handlers, cleaners and catering staff, according to the
officers, which give them access to planes.
A recent report claims the airport attack was aimed at Jews and American
passengers.