"3 bag handlers at Vegas airport accused of looting luggage"

Sunday, February 12, 2017

3 bag handlers at Vegas airport accused of looting luggage
The Associated Press

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Three contract baggage handlers at McCarran International
Airport are facing felony criminal charges in what Las Vegas airport police
described as a behind-the-scenes theft ring.

Las Vegas police Officer Laura Meltzer said Friday the recent arrests of Aaron
Matthew Lopez and Jamarcus Domonique Harper, both 27, and 19-year-old Noah
Javier Gonzalez, followed a two-week investigation of a man's Jan. 16 report
that a gun was missing from his checked bag.

All three men face burglary, theft and stolen property charges.

Meltzer says the three worked for Worldwide Flight Services, a luggage handling
firm for Allegiant and Frontier airlines at the airport.
She says police are still investigating the thefts.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2kyIAMD ) items taken
included luxury purses and guns.