"Speedier security? Los Angeles Airport to install new scanners"

Monday, January 30, 2017

Speedier security? Los Angeles Airport to install new scanners
The Associated Press

Los Angeles International Airport will be getting new fingerprint and iris
scanners for passengers who want to speed through security lines.

The Los Angeles Times reported Saturday that biometric screening company Clear
will install kiosks by the end of March in Los Angeles and at Atlanta
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Minneapolis-St. Paul International
Airport.

The company's kiosks can confirm a traveler's identification in seconds.
Passengers must pay an annual $179 fee to enroll and use the system.

Clear Chief Administrative Officer David Cohen says travelers who use the
kiosks can head more quickly to the Transportation Security Administration's
screening.

The company already operates in airports in San Francisco, Washington and New
York.