"Buffalo hosts annual airport snow conference"

Monday, April 16, 2012

Buffalo hosts annual airport snow conference
The Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Buffalo is again hosting the annual conference of airport
professionals responsible for keeping runways clear of snow - despite
getting little practice this past winter.

The 46th annual Snow Symposium begins Monday and organizers expect 550
people from around the world to attend.

They come every year to see displays of runway plows, broom trucks, snow
blowers and other tools of the trade. Like in much of the country, Buffalo
airport crews didn't roll out the heavy equipment much this year. About 36
inches of snow fell, down from the usual 95 or so inches.

This year's speakers include astronaut Randy Bresnik, who'll discuss the
value of training and planning in both space flight and snow clearing.

The conference runs through Wednesday.