"Sacramento airport wins design award for shops, restaurants"

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sacramento airport wins design award for shops, restaurants
By Melanie Turner
The Sacramento (CA) Business Journal

Sacramento International Airport won a national award for the design of its
shops and restaurants.

The airport earned the Best Concessions Program Design award for
medium-sized airports from Airport Revenue News   , a monthly trade magazine
covering airport revenue streams. The award was announced last week at the
magazine's annual Airport Revenue Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, Fla.

The airport credits the national honor to the airport's design standards,
attractive storefronts and inviting shopping atmosphere.

"As gateway to Northern California, it's important that we provide customers
a stellar food and shopping experience when they visit Sacramento
International Airport," Director of Airports G. Hardy Acree said in a news
release. "We're proud of the work our staff has done to earn this award."

Sixteen entrants competed for the honor, which was determined by an online
vote of 300 concessionaires from across the country.

It's not the concessionaires' first award. Sacramento International Airport
concessionaires also fared well at the 2012 Best Airport and Concessionaire
awards.

In the large concessionaire division, master concessionaire The Paradies
Shops was named Retailer with the Highest Regard for Customer Service, Best
Specialty Retail Brand Operator (for Brooks Brothers), and Best Overall
Retailer.

Also in the large division, HMSHost Corp.  was named Food Operator with the
Highest Regard for Customer Service, Best Food & Beverage Brand Operator
(for Starbucks), and Best Overall Food & Beverage Operator.

In the small division, Vino Volo was named Food Operator with the Highest
Regard for Customer Service and Best Overall Food & Beverage Operator.

All results will be published in Airport Revenue News' May edition.