New Gatwick security area opened in south terminal

The new security area cost £45m

Plane landing at Gatwick
Passengers have been promised speedier passage through Gatwick Airport following the opening of a new £45m security area.
The airport's bosses hope the new facility at the south terminal will lead to each passenger being processed in under five minutes.
Nineteen new security lanes will allow almost 5,000 people per hour to pass through to the departure lounge.
The work is part of a £1.2bn investment into the airport.
The lanes include two solely for families with young children and passengers with reduced mobility.
'Speedier'
Gatwick's Chief Executive Stewart Wingate said: "We're committed to making the airport experience an easier, speedier and less stressful experience for our passengers.
"This opening is just part of a £1.2bn investment in Gatwick, as we continually look to innovate and deliver solutions that will provide real benefit for passengers."
Before they go through security, passengers will get instructions on large screens in five languages to help them understand exactly what they can and cannot take through security.
Lanes will also be colour-coded with screens displaying the actual queue time, enabling passengers to choose the one they want to use.

California Aviation Alliance: Airport News List E-mail
Sent by AviaEd@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Lorena de Rodriguez on behalf of CAA subscribers. Add your comments to these stories realtime online at http://aviaed.wordpress.com/.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to the Airport News List, send an email, from the email account you wish to receive or discontinue CAA posts on, addressed to imailsrv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and place only the following in the first line of the body of the message: Subscribe airport YourFirstName YourLastName YourJobTitle YourAirport/Company